Sunday, January 29, 2017

Ceramic jewelry gifts


Pin It

Pin It
This past 2016 Christmas, I made my sisters some jewelry for their  Christmas gifts. 
I have made them both jewelry in the past, but this is the first time i also made the "bead" or details myself. I made them in my pottery class, and basically the focus was making them so thin they wouldn't be too heavy to wear! 


Also had to be sure the holes were in the right spot to attach a jump ring, and
 that the glaze did not fill the hole, making it hard (or impossible!!) to adjust a chain to.

They have now been gifted and I hope appreciated to my sisters. The set of earring and 
necklace to my older sister, and the larger chunkier necklace to my little sister. 
(I  made myself one too, I forgot to photograph!)

I pretty much made ceramic gifts for everyone this year, nieces, nephew, in laws and realize I am
now "that aunt" who gives (and honestly has given for the last 10 years) handmade gifts to 
everyone to suffer and enjoy! Ugh, help!




No comments:

Post a Comment